Tuesday 11 September 2007

Empower Yourself Today!

How do you feel about where you are in your life? Consider this; where you are in this very moment of reading this article is the summation of all the choices that you have made up to this point. That's the good news and the "bad news" It's a sobering idea, isn't it? What this means is that if you aren't happy with some aspects of your life then on some level you have chosen the results you have!

Wow, this is powerful to know and to consider. We are always one decision away from moving TOWARDS or AWAY from what we desire. It is really that simple. I recently read a wonderful book by Debbie Ford called "The Right Questions". Debbie highlights 10 important questions to ask yourself. All ten questions are excellent, but I found this question to be extremely useful and potent. The question is: Does this choice empower me or disempower me? Each time you contemplate a decision, ask "will this choice empower or disempowered me?"This answer will keep you focused and on track!

I have a wonderful client who expressed her desire to be optimally fit and healthy. She elaborated that although this goal is extremely important to her she tended to sabotage herself by choosing to not follow through on such things as consistent exercise. Her assignment? To ask herself the ultimate truth telling question, "Does this choice empower me or disempowered me" when she had the urge to skip her exercise class. She took the challenge and believe it or not we bumped into each other at a power yoga class. We both had made empowering decisions that Sunday evening! High 5's all around!

Our thoughts, our decisions and our actions directly influence our outcomes. That's big. Our thoughts influence our actions and that directly influences our outcomes. We always have NOW to change the course of our life. Pay attention to those rogue, negative thoughts that pop into your mind, (you know the type: An Excuse: "Being heavy runs in my family, why bother dieting?" or a Negative Expectation e.g. "It's probably never going to get any better than this, there's nothing I can do." or Resignation: "My hands are tied, I give in" You get the idea! The next time ask yourself how does thinking this thought serve me? Am I empowering or disempowering myself? Then make a decision that can change your life. Do what empowers you! My request to you is to make the choices that will serve you in the highest possible way. See you at the top!

No comments: