Wednesday 12 September 2007

My �Juicer Aha� Moment

A few months ago I had tea with a friend. She shared the details of her experience at a fancy spa out West which included a diet of primarily fresh- pressed juice. Looking at Teri's clear eyes and glowing radiant skin - I knew there was something to this "juicing" thing.

I did some online research of my own and Voila', a few short days later, I was soon the proud owner of a gigantic juice machine!

I juiced just about every fruit and vegetable you could think of. I made all sorts of Juice Elixirs - offering my freshly concocted and very healthy green and purple drinks to family and friends. (Hmm, somehow they weren't as excited as I was!) This was so fantastic and healthy for me, I decided to juice every day.

Well, the honeymoon phase with my juicer lasted about a month. Then my juice habit trickled down to once a week, then not at all.

What happened to the goal I was so excited about?

It fizzled because I "super-sized" my goal. In other words, I went overboard with what was reasonable and doable! Have you ever done that?

Here's the solution. In order to achieve your big important goals, be smart and create a plan that is doable AND sustainable. A plan that you can actually live with over a long period of time. Small, incremental changes can actually add up to a big, fat, gigantic return.

I hope my Juicer-Aha Moment (discovering that Juicing every day was just not a realistic and reasonable goal for me) will help you set achievable goals.

How's my Juicing situation now?

2-3 times a week is much more doable and I experience the health benefits on a consistent basis. Goal accomplished! Get "real" with yourself.

What goals do you want to achieve? Maybe it's the amount of money you'd like to earn this year... or maybe it's creating an exercise routine that that becomes part of your lifestyle instead of a short-termed phase. Use this strategy and I promise you will get better results!

No comments: